• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New to the forum

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Is the warranty still valid with the Green Diesel tune
I'm not sure. The GDE tune is EPA and CARB compliant but the words in Ram's warranty tell me it voids the warranty. To get an official answer call Mopar Warranty, don't rely on what gets posted here, unless the poster provides confirmation.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year

scotchwater

Jul 15, 2024
Truck Year
John,

I have a 2021 Limited 4x4 with the EcoDiesel and after the fuel pump replacement my mileage on highway dropped 8 mpg and in town 4-5mpg. I have screen shots of trip monitor at 550 miles getting almost 29 mpg and now am at 21-22mpg at best. I have screenshot of Trip B showing over 5,000 miles of a mix of in town and highway at 21.5mpg (which was at 23 mpg, but I didn't get a screen shot in time) that has fallen to the 18's in just over 100 miles since having the new fuel pump put on (screen shot to prove). Now, I love my Ram and have absolutely no motivation to wish the bad mpg on me or fabricate/exaggerate a story. I'm waiting for a call back right now as I type from FCA who I filed a case with. There first response was go to the dealer and get a diagnostic done. I did, and of course it showed no problems. I have found NUMEROUS other posts on the internet having the same problem as me, and some even on this site.

when you said:

"The HPFP replacement will not affect your mileage"

I have to beg to differ with you........

Like Reply

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
John,

I have a 2021 Limited 4x4 with the EcoDiesel and after the fuel pump replacement my mileage on highway dropped 8 mpg and in town 4-5mpg. I have screen shots of trip monitor at 550 miles getting almost 29 mpg and now am at 21-22mpg at best. I have screenshot of Trip B showing over 5,000 miles of a mix of in town and highway at 21.5mpg (which was at 23 mpg, but I didn't get a screen shot in time) that has fallen to the 18's in just over 100 miles since having the new fuel pump put on (screen shot to prove). Now, I love my Ram and have absolutely no motivation to wish the bad mpg on me or fabricate/exaggerate a story. I'm waiting for a call back right now as I type from FCA who I filed a case with. There first response was go to the dealer and get a diagnostic done. I did, and of course it showed no problems. I have found NUMEROUS other posts on the internet having the same problem as me, and some even on this site.

when you said:

"The HPFP replacement will not affect your mileage"

I have to beg to differ with you........

Like Reply
I hear ya. Maybe it's a problem with the newer Ecos. My 2016 did not change, did you notice if the "numerous other posts" might be 2019+ vehicles or not? Anxious to know what their final analysis and fix is for yours.

scotchwater

Jul 15, 2024
Truck Year
Also, I called GDE and he said I'm not the first call he's received about this. He said it more than likely was not the fuel pump itself, but the fuel pump not being timed correctly along with multiple sensors having problems that are NOT coming up on the engine check light. He said too often dealers forget to reset the "zero fuel quantity learning" in the engineering data report with their dealer tool.

At any rate, my mpg has gone to trash since they replaced the FP.

scotchwater

Jul 15, 2024
Truck Year
Excellent question, John. Not sure, but I think they were the newer models, '19 and later. My friends in town with 2020 + Rams won't let them touch their trucks with flashing or new FP's. ......they told me too late!!

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Also, I called GDE and he said I'm not the first call he's received about this. He said it more than likely was not the fuel pump itself, but the fuel pump not being timed correctly along with multiple sensors having problems that are coming up on the engine check light. He said too often dealers forget to reset the "zero fuel quantity learning" in the engineering data report with their dealer tool.

At any rate, my mpg has gone to trash since they replaced the FP.
GDE is usually correct. I don't know if a flash is needed or not to reset the "zero fuel quantity learning", but I do know there's no flash associated with the Eco's HPFP recall. More confusion.

scotchwater

Jul 15, 2024
Truck Year
You are spot on with that. Also, for anyone thinking they're going crazy, we have a long steep hill in town. Before, if I started at the top at 35 mph, I would be going over 60 having to brake (45mph zone) and now it feels like the tow/haul is on (it's not) and I'm lucky to hit 45 mph. GDE also mentioned it could be a bad exhaust sensor, too.

I've spoken to several customer service at FCA and two different supervisors. One CSA actually said he was aware of the problem from other calls!!! This is one time you pray the calls are recorded!!!

JD9560

Nov 15, 2022
Truck Year
I have a2021 Laramie Sorry to hear about your experience. My fuel pump was replaced about 10,000 miles ago and mileage has improved if anything. Now running 28 to 29 mostly highway but some city driving mixed in

scotchwater

Jul 15, 2024
Truck Year
JD, that's exactly what I was getting before the change. My thought is they screwed something up in the timing or sensors like GDE said, but no one wants to own it and says my truck runs fine when they test drive it. Well, of course it does!!!! It doesn't drive bad or run rough, it just lost major mileage!!

JD9560

Nov 15, 2022
Truck Year
I know where you’re at. My rear tires wear about double on the inside of the tread compared to the outside they said the alignment is as close to perfect as possible and won’t admit anything wrong. Their advice is buy a new set of tires this fall when they run a special. Also have a problem with RR wearing more than left.
Excuse for that is it’s the drive tire. Never saw that on any of my GMCs with way more miles.So much for trying a Dodge guess what I’m buying next !

scotchwater

Jul 15, 2024
Truck Year
Well, here's the latest bad news. After dealing with Ram Case Management for the last two weeks and jumping through their hoops, nothing has changed. RCM said a week ago that I had to get my Dealership to file a Star Case and send it to them and they would send out their engineers. They happily obliged and attached my photos showing screenshots of my mileage declining and losing 8 mpg on the highway. This morning, I got a call from my agent saying it went up the ladder and engineering is saying that my mileage decrease is being caused by the PCM being flashed and the high-pressure fuel pump installed. They said it was done according to emission regulations and none of it can be undone so I will have to live with it!!!

I demanded a supervisor and said they would put it in the cue, and I would be called back on Monday, adding that their answer would be the same. She went on to say she was sorry, but I would just have to live with the changes made and loss of mileage.

I've got a feeling I'm going to dead end here to on Monday, so does anyone have a viable phone # to Ram (or FCA) Corporate office to someone that may give a damn?? I'm also open to any suggestions on how to escalate this beyond where it is now.

...Al

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Well, here's the latest bad news. After dealing with Ram Case Management for the last two weeks and jumping through their hoops, nothing has changed. RCM said a week ago that I had to get my Dealership to file a Star Case and send it to them and they would send out their engineers. They happily obliged and attached my photos showing screenshots of my mileage declining and losing 8 mpg on the highway. This morning, I got a call from my agent saying it went up the ladder and engineering is saying that my mileage decrease is being caused by the PCM being flashed and the high-pressure fuel pump installed. They said it was done according to emission regulations and none of it can be undone so I will have to live with it!!!

I demanded a supervisor and said they would put it in the cue, and I would be called back on Monday, adding that their answer would be the same. She went on to say she was sorry, but I would just have to live with the changes made and loss of mileage.

I've got a feeling I'm going to dead end here to on Monday, so does anyone have a viable phone # to Ram (or FCA) Corporate office to someone that may give a damn?? I'm also open to any suggestions on how to escalate this beyond where it is now.

...Al
I'm seeing more and more Z46 problems. They seem to be on the newer trucks. In one case the truck is dead at the dealer and the dealer has told him there's nothing they can do. WOW!
Then I read that there are newer truck owners who have no problems after the recall.

scotchwater

Jul 15, 2024
Truck Year
Well, everything went as bad as I thought it would. No call back from a supervisor on Monday, I called on Wednesday and the agent answering the phone said she saw where I was supposed to have a call back on Monday, and didn't, so she expedited a supervisor call back for that afternoon. Surprise, it's Friday and no one has contacted me.

Every phone # I could find starts off with "I see you have a case filed with us" so it would be pointless to ask again. Any ideas of who I can reach out to at a corporate level to get someone to listen? I refuse to accept a 7-8 loss of mpg after a fuel pump replacement. I'm open to anything that may have worked for one of you out there!!

Al

JD9560

Nov 15, 2022
Truck Year
Wish I could help but all I can say is something had to get screwed up. My 2021 hada fuel pump change in February and put on 10,000 miles since. I saw no difference in mpg maybe even improved but the increase also came about the time fuel was switched from winter blend. Really bad when something like that happens and the company won’t admit to it !

scotchwater

Jul 15, 2024
Truck Year
I almost forgot the best part! Last Monday, my dealer stepped up and assigned a Star case to it so they could fly their engineers out to fix it. The gal I was dealing with called me on Wednesday and told me the engineers told her there was nothing they could do, and I would have to live with it. Soooooo, I have a Star case assigned and a Ram Care agent that doesn't care and won't call back.