• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hello. I am located in Australia and have a 2019 Ram 1500 eco disel. Been a great truck.

Jul 26, 2024
Truck Year
Hi all I have had my 2019 ram eco diesel since new. Great truck. It has 118 000km on it now. A few months back it threw a check engine light. Knowing that the remissions would likely be getting pretty dirty by now I sort out an experienced mechanic here in Oz to delete the emissions and do a tune,nothing crazy just have it running properly post the delete.
The intake manifold was removed and replace with a Banks unit. The DPF removed and Def Turned off. Truck ran great but after a week I noticed a lot of white and blue smoke. Mostly when cold on deceleration but at times under mild acceleration it will run a constant stream of smoke from both pipes. The first mechanic was quite a long way from us and to be honest was not a very good communicator I did take it back to him and replaced the PCV cyclone and stated he thought he fixed it. He hadn't anin total he had the truck for 5 months.
Second mechanic said the tune wasn't done properly but when I git it back it still smokes. It is going back to him next week but I wondered if anyone has had a similar experience. Truck runs great still, the second mechanic certainly did a good job on the tune and he is standing by his commitment to fix it. I was just hoping to hear of any similar experiences that may help us identify the problem.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Here in the U.S. and Canada there are really only a couple tunes that are trusted. It seems these trucks are pretty complicated and pose challenges for someone w/o a lot of resources to do it properly. Check around here and see if you can glean some info on tunes. There may be some that ship internationally. Welcome BTW!

Ricerocket27

Mar 5, 2024
Truck Year