• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

    Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

    Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Search results for query: tone crank sensor

  1. jdn112011

    2018 Ram 1500 Laramie EcoDiesel died

    Yeah they have recall out on the cp4.2 hpfp as does most every other diesel from various manufacturers that run a cp4. Honestly I expected it to be your tone wheel for crank position sensor, which comes around 90-115k, but accept the inconvenience and let them pay for it. Apparently you've had...
  2. 1shadowsabre

    Safety Recall 66A Loss of crank shaft position

    Same thing you had done, "Crankshaft Positioning Sensor"
  3. M

    Safety Recall 66A Loss of crank shaft position

    So I had my cruise on 100 km/hr and it dropped out and servuce light came on. i read the code and it was P0336 loss of Crankshaft position. On the same day I received the safety recall and read up on the issue with the magnetic tone ring that losses a magentic tooth that causes the crank shaft...
  4. Cryptt0

    2016 crank but no start

    bought a 2016 ecodiesel 4x4 141k miles. I can get it to crank but it will not start. When I look at data for the truck it shows 3 different rpm speed 230, 240, and 128 you can view. Also the fuel rail target is 314 bar but the fuel rail actual never passes 130 bar. I inspected the tone ring...
  5. SeanPwnery

    Crank tone wheel

    I'm half tempted to call Holley or Haltech and asking them to look into this - even if it's a custom job, the potential for ALL 3.0's is too hard for them to pass up if all they need is a bit of wire, a reluctor, a sensor, and the original wave-pattern of the original setup. ALSO, rename the...
  6. SeanPwnery

    Should I keep this truck?

    My truck has been down since December - I was bilked out of $5,300 dollars for most of the fuel system, and the problem wasn't even fixed. I still have no start, no electric fuel pump priming when turning the key, and a runaway starter when I key it to "start" until I literally spin the key back...
  7. Ramperfect

    Crank tone wheel

    Does any one know of a company that may have come up with a kit to relocate crank sensor from where it is in between engine and transmission to the harmonic balancer.
  8. SeanPwnery

    Does your lift pump make a noise?

    Two small updates : 1. I submitted my information to RamCare - trying to detail as much as possible to them about 5 days ago. Tuesday morning I received two replies stating that they opened up a claim case and are investigating the dealership I took my truck to. I basically told them I just...
  9. jdn112011

    Does your lift pump make a noise?

    How many miles on your Truck? 95-115 is the general failure point. Dealer here I want to say pulls the starter and sneaks an endoscope in to view the tone wheel
  10. SeanPwnery

    Does your lift pump make a noise?

    Doesn't that typically throw you a crank position sensor code?
  11. J

    Soft "De-coking" of the top end...

    Clean the MAP sensor its probably pluged with soot
  12. E

    Turo throttle valve aka "lighting bolt" issue

    Hi, new member here. I have done what Sean has done and the "lighting bolt" and check engine light are still lit. I can clear the codes but when I go to start the truck they come back on immediately. The Tmap and the throttle charge air temp sensor are working properly. I bought factory new...
  13. E

    Soft "De-coking" of the top end...

    Hi, new member here. I have done what Sean has done and the "lighting bolt" and check engine light are still lit. I can clear the codes but when I go to start the truck they come back on immediately. The Tmap and the throttle charge air temp sensor are working properly. I bought factory new...
  14. D

    Engine failure

    Do you think the new GEN three engine with all the updates is a far better engines in then the Gen 2. Thank you
  15. TC Diesel

    Engine failure

    Data NO on rotating mass Failures, Yes on the fires, leaks , Plenum , Turbo , Warped Valves. It simply is Hero Zero motor, But it has extremely high failure rates on Components, like Tone Ring / Crank sensor , Glow plugs , Turbo , DPF, etc. It's just European Design, Over Engineered and under...
  16. D

    Hey-

    My 2014 ecodiesel is now at dealership after red lightening bolt came on and truck bogged down on acceleration in traffic. I did get to work, but it then hesitated to start, but would. Had it towed to a shop and was told it was a crankshaft issue- they recommended taking to dealership. Just got...
  17. M

    Recall

    No it just cranks over and over it won't start. Two dealerships and Dodge have said it's not part of a recall. My tech is going to document the tear down with photos if there is a desalination they will document it. It could just be the sensor. We will see.
  18. John Jensen

    Lets do a class action on recall W58 defective tone ring

    See my #6 post The W68 recall ONLY applies to those who did not do (opted out) the AEM Emissions Recall
  19. Ramman1

    Lets do a class action on recall W58 defective tone ring

    Same here. See above for vin numbers outside of nonsensical range. .
Top