• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2015 turbo replacement with cab removal in the back yard

needles

Jul 22, 2024
Truck Year
I’m new to the forum. Thought I’d share my turbo replacement for my truck. Definitely couldn’t afford dealer rip off fix so here is what it looks like to lift the cab. Actually could have avoided the removal of the ac lines as they would have reached but my son does ac work so we can recharge. While I was in there cleaned intake mani, replaced the famous coolant line, deleted the egr and dpf. No more soot!
View attachment IMG_3231.mov

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Nice!! What was your reason for turbo replacement and how many miles?

needles

Jul 22, 2024
Truck Year
Turbo was blowing oil into the intercooler and clogged my DPF. When I got in there the intake manifold was caked. It was at 135000.

needles

Jul 22, 2024
Truck Year
It’s all back together with a new tune and feels like a new truck. What a job though….close to 20 hours of DIY time

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Did you get the egr recall performed? Glad to see this can be done with just a slight raise of the cab!! I debated this route but I’ve never done my tone wheel so I’m opting to pull trans and do work from a creeper on the ground lol

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I’m new to the forum. Thought I’d share my turbo replacement for my truck. Definitely couldn’t afford dealer rip off fix so here is what it looks like to lift the cab. Actually could have avoided the removal of the ac lines as they would have reached but my son does ac work so we can recharge. While I was in there cleaned intake mani, replaced the famous coolant line, deleted the egr and dpf. No more soot!
View attachment 4335
Ya I wrote this up a few months back, and there's a uTube on it; can drop the transmission and do it from the backside. Plus gives free Access to the 50$ tone wheel for the crank position sensor that Delaminates after about 100k. Bet it was roomy without the cab though

needles

Jul 22, 2024
Truck Year
Did you get the egr recall performed? Glad to see this can be done with just a slight raise of the cab!! I debated this route but I’ve never done my tone wheel so I’m opting to pull trans and do work from a creeper on the ground lol
Yes the egr recall was done a few years ago. Still took the intake manifold off and it was caked. Took the time to replace the coolant hose under the manifold.