• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2017 with ETC code

Youngy

Aug 5, 2024
Truck Year
Hi everyone my truck coded a etc ( lightning bolt) and I beleave went into limp mode as we drove home it said exhaust filters 100% full I cleaned the map and egr tube both very dirty
Can anyone tell me how to get this truck into regen with out having to go to dealer we live a long way from dealer and would love to pull this off at home. Thanks

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Hi everyone my truck coded a etc ( lightning bolt) and I beleave went into limp mode as we drove home it said exhaust filters 100% full I cleaned the map and egr tube both very dirty
Can anyone tell me how to get this truck into regen with out having to go to dealer we live a long way from dealer and would love to pull this off at home. Thanks
More info would help. You don't say what year truck is, although not sure that makes a difference. Also the EVIC would say more than the filter is 100%, that would help.

The AlfaOBD program will allow you to do a stationary regen. The Edge Insight CTS2 will allow you to do an on the road regen depending on the truck year. Some have said to get on the road, get it up to the operating temp, and drive it hard to cause a regen. I'm not sure that works.

brushpoppers

Jul 26, 2024
Truck Year
Good luck. Dealer has had my truck for 2 months now. Same problem.. Glo plug frozen in cylinder. They can't get it out. Tell me no new cylinders available. No engine available. I've been gone for 10 days and got info for new cylinders. Let's see what they tell me now.
Get rid if it if you can! Mine is a 2014. I did not do recall as I live in AZ and don't care about their emissions bull shit!
Loved my truck for the 7 years I've had it till now. Very sad. I'll let you know what happens.

brushpoppers

Jul 26, 2024
Truck Year
Good luck. Dealer has had my truck for 2 months now. Same problem.. Glo plug frozen in cylinder. They can't get it out. Tell me no new cylinders available. No engine available. I've been gone for 10 days and got info for new cylinders. Let's see what they tell me now.
Get rid if it if you can! Mine is a 2014. I did not do recall as I live in AZ and don't care about their emissions bull shit!
Loved my truck for the 7 years I've had it till now. Very sad. I'll let you know what happens.
So I'm going to ask for a bit back. Obviously there is no repair. I'll talk to them today.

brushpoppers

Jul 26, 2024
Truck Year
So I'm going to ask for a bit back. Obviously there is no repair. I'll talk to them today

brushpoppers

Jul 26, 2024
Truck Year
They put me o
ff again. They are trying one more place. Can't afford to sue. Any class actions going for non regeneration issues.