• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

About to tune, double check my logic

ericshup

Oct 8, 2021
Truck Year
Hey guys, long time lurker here wanting someone to double check my decision before I drop over a grand on a tune.

I have a 2015 eco 4x4 with 165k that is pretty much stock except for leveling shocks. All recall work done and current to include HPFP. I love this truck and want to keep around for a while (I'm still upside down ;) on it).

Looking at the GDE compliant hot tune or EOC stage 1, both with Trans tune.

Questions:
1. Most of my driving is highway, so as I understand it, the GDE would be best. Does that sound right?​
2. Is there any benefit to replacing or cleaning the diffuser tube and intake manifold after tuning? When my tone wheel went out, they replaced the intake, so it has about 40k mi on it.​
3. If I go EOC, is there a downside to not removing the diffuser and not putting block plates on?​

I want to keep everything intact (for now), so not considering full delete at this time.

Note: my county currently does emissions testing, just not on diesels (for now).

tlhigham

Dec 30, 2023
Truck Year
2014 4x4 eco. 167K .Deleted and tuned in Feb. HPFP recall will be done at next oil change. 3" back to muffler, egr removed, stock intake manifold with swirl valves removed. My typical avg. mpg on paper is in the 19-20 mpg. 1400 trip in July avg. mpg was 23-24.
My milage is a direct result of my driving habits. The tank of fuel that I forced myself to drive regular on got me 27. But it takes too long to get anywhere.
Trucks been running great. I delt with Dirty Diesel in Canada. Its a CCT tune,(Cooper).

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Hey guys, long time lurker here wanting someone to double check my decision before I drop over a grand on a tune.

I have a 2015 eco 4x4 with 165k that is pretty much stock except for leveling shocks. All recall work done and current to include HPFP. I love this truck and want to keep around for a while (I'm still upside down ;) on it).

Looking at the GDE compliant hot tune or EOC stage 1, both with Trans tune.

Questions:
1. Most of my driving is highway, so as I understand it, the GDE would be best. Does that sound right?​
2. Is there any benefit to replacing or cleaning the diffuser tube and intake manifold after tuning? When my tone wheel went out, they replaced the intake, so it has about 40k mi on it.​
3. If I go EOC, is there a downside to not removing the diffuser and not putting block plates on?​

I want to keep everything intact (for now), so not considering full delete at this time.

Note: my county currently does emissions testing, just not on diesels (for now).
I would say you can tune confidently with either tune you mentioned! GDE will be emissions compliant. EOC will shut off the EGR with no ill effects.