• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Another Engine Failure

cravenford

Aug 20, 2020
Truck Year
I thought I'd post this because I don't think it's a situation/failure I've read about on here before. I purchased my truck new, a 2019 EcoDiesel Tradesman, in 2020. I've loved the truck, using it much of the time to tow several enclosed trailers (the heaviest is around 7000 pounds) we own. A month or so ago, while towing our heaviest trailer, the oil pressure light came on - I was in heavy traffic with nowhere to pull over. The engine locked up, and after getting a tow, the dealership came for the truck. It turns out that the rear main seal on the crankshaft failed, turning up so that the bulk of the oil in the engine was promptly spilled out onto the pavement. The dealer, located an hour away from my home, had to wait for a factory rep to come look at my truck, but following that, ordered an engine and installed it. I now have the truck back, and it runs as good as it did before - the problem is that I no longer TRUST it; I'm sort of afraid to set out on errands or a trip with it. I'm an old Ram fan, having owned 3 previous Rams with the Cummins engine; the problem is that, now that I'm retired, I no longer feel that I can afford the Ram/Cummins combo. So I let the salesman at the dealer convince me the EcoDiesel would fill and even surpass my needs. I've thought about the 3.0 GMC/Chevy diesel, but they are pretty 'pricey too. I don't think I want a gas-powered truck, because my memory of towing with them is best forgotten. What to do?