• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Did I royally mess up by buying this?

BobM

Aug 24, 2024
Truck Year
Been a Cummins and Powerstroke guy for over 50 years(big cummins-855c.i. or more) last week I bought a 2014 EcoDiesel. Beautiful truck, reasonable price( I think). Sure wish I had read some of these horror stories on the forum and now scared to even start it up, much less drive it!
It is deleted, and apparently some sort of aftermarket exhaust system. I do not know exactly what was deleted, or what was blocked off. DEF gauge is all the way to the left, check engine light is on.
Does deleting cause check engine light to be on?

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
You really need to find out if it has been tuned to accommodate the delete. If not, you are in trouble. If you got it from a dealer they should not have been allowed to sell it w/o functioning emissions.

BobM

Aug 24, 2024
Truck Year
It did come from a dealer, and they are the one that told me it was deleted.

TWFJR

Feb 8, 2024
Truck Year
Been a Cummins and Powerstroke guy for over 50 years(big cummins-855c.i. or more) last week I bought a 2014 EcoDiesel. Beautiful truck, reasonable price( I think). Sure wish I had read some of these horror stories on the forum and now scared to even start it up, much less drive it!
It is deleted, and apparently some sort of aftermarket exhaust system. I do not know exactly what was deleted, or what was blocked off. DEF gauge is all the way to the left, check engine light is on.
Does deleting cause check engine light to be on?
Dripping oil from timing chain cover. It may be the crank shaft seal. If it is, in my estimation, your crankshaft is off balance or worn and eventually, it will blow your engine. In my estimation, there is no reason for the seal to go bad unless it is of poor quality or, the crankshaft is wobbling. There is a place in Texas that is rebuilding the Eco Diesel's engine with a newly manufactured crankshaft. You cannot buy a Mopar crankshaft. There are no crankshafts available. The engine is discontinued. I suspect that any used Eco Diesel will come at a great price. A rebuilt engine, as mentioned above, would cost $8500 (as of the last time I checked) and installation will cost you more. The rebuild will give you better mileage and more horsepower.

I am dealing with a seal that was replaced and service just returned my truck after, almost 3 weeks. They said that it had to do with gasket failures. This morning, after one day back in my possession, I have a major engine leak. I will have to wait for Monday to call in the leak.

I have a lemon law lawyer taking my case. The truch has 35,000 miles left on the warranty and 3 years as well.

We love the truck. It is a 2022 Limited Eco Diesel with just 65,000 miles on it.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
It did come from a dealer, and they are the one that told me it was deleted.
Was it a RAM dealer? Not sure of the laws in KY but in many places it is against the law to sell emissions modified vehicles.
If it is deleted and doesn't have an engine tune you will have nothing but engine code after engine code.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I don't know the laws in KY, In MN a state Authorized License Dealer CANNOT legally sell any vehicle that does NOT comply with COC (Certificate of Compliance) Bad faith law won't apply because they told YOU it was deleted. VM 3.0 are Hero to Zero Motor.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Sounds kind of nerve wracking. Here are 4 options, there may be more!
1. Take the truck back and tell the dealer you don't want it since it was sold with illegally modified emissions.
2. Check out the EOC website and contact them. They may be able to give information regarding a tune that is compatible with your trucks modifications.
3. Get an engine trouble code reader and diagnose those check engine notifications to see if they are catastrophic or nuisance
4. Drive it and see what happens

BobM

Aug 24, 2024
Truck Year
I don't know the laws in KY, In MN a state Authorized License Dealer CANNOT legally sell any vehicle that does NOT comply with COC (Certificate of Compliance) Bad faith law won't apply because they told YOU it was deleted. VM 3.0 are Hero to Zero Motor.
I wasn’t told until after I had signed the paperwork