• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

DoneWithDodge

Aug 29, 2024
Truck Year
Review of my most recent Dodge Experience at a Dodge dealership.

Do not shop here. Parent company is dying on the vine and everything is overpriced for today's economy.

Do not get service here. See below for terrible experience costing 2k in labor, countless hours lost working homestead (truck duties), losing time from primary job resulting in 4 hours of PTO gone due to getting this truck in and out of service; (still ongoing), and time spent tracking down updates. Got the receipts, call logs, and videos. Will follow up with a video on another platform for vids.

If you decide to do business with them, then it's like George Walker Bush said, "Fool me twice, ya can't get fooled again". Allow me to be the 1st "fooling" for you. I told them that as a customer my only recourse is my voice; so here it is.

My ram ecodiesel 3.0 v6 has been an issue since I got it. The latest issue happened on a Friday when the gauges popped super hot and smoking on Gordon Highway. Usually poppin hot and smoking on Gordon Highway is NBD, but this was my truck, so....truck is towed in on a Friday, gets there 9AM. I call twice on Friday around 3 PM to see when it can get pulled in for diagnostic. Left VM with Travis since 1st time I didn't get through. I get no response from Travis, despite leaving contact details and request for follow up. Gave up. Call again on Saturday and talk to someone else who is now my advisor in this situation. New advisor says it will be Monday or Tuesday before they can even look at it. Got it. Times are busy and this vehicle brand always seem to have issues. I call back on Wednesday and when I finally get through, I'm told the person who is working on my truck is in training and won't get to it until the following Monday. Not cool. I don't care if it will take time, just allow me to plan accordingly and know your business. I now send a message to dealership outlining my issues and I get a message later saying my truck is going to get looked at and to expect a call. The call came the following Saturday and it's $2600 to fix issue. Ok (giant deep breath). Steep, but my ecodiesel is just over 100k miles (weak sauce) and with all the issues, this is just another one. LET'S GO!!!! I pick my truck up on Monday, 9 days later, after poking and prodding for factual updates. When I picked the truck up, I saw the bill and paid without issue or complaint. They did throw in the Chrysler Multi Point Inspection for free. *May not include inspecting anything they just did. F- Got to work after picking it up and I saw/heard some issues. Called Advisor and asked what I should do and they said, "Well, I can't look at it if it aint here." No tow? Where's leak coming from? Gotcha. Issue didn't seem too bad, no check engine, but then:
- - - - - -
3 days out of service and less than 60 miles later, BOOM. Engine light and smoking. After navigating the construction mess, avoiding bobcats, and waiting for three cars to figure out that weird one-way with no signs, I was able to turn it in to my advisor who pops the hood on my smoking truck to see what 2k in labor looks like and as the smoke clears I hear the Advisor said something to the effect of, "It's pouring out of there" and just like that I got a free diagnosis or probably a quality control comment on what 2k in labor looks like. I CAN tell you what 2k in labor smells like, dead dinosaurs and paint remover. After 2k in labor completed from the original coolant issue; everytime I run my heat/ac/open my windows, the interior cab is filled with the smell of 2k worth of labor. My truck, which has only known me since I bought it new, used to smell of campfire, mahogony, and leather. Now it smells like the post rapture world the cyber truck was invented for. I am trading in a diesel truck that I bought new so View attachment 4374it would last to 250k. SMDH. If this customer experience is what your searching for, seek them out and they will deliver it in droves.

I cared for this truck like I had another 150k in it. Submitting trade in photos for proof. Area something was pouring out of in photo. I can't afford 2k in labor to be done wrong. Old Marine Corps Vet - Gunny, and this gets me shaking angry.

Photo 1 of 1View attachment 4373

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240829_195109_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240829_195109_Gallery.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240829_150045.mp4
    5.6 MB · Views: 2
  • 20240827_081841.mp4
    19.5 MB · Views: 0

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Man, that has got to be super frustrating, after all is said and done and the "smoke clears" (😞 bad joke) hopefully they find that the error is simple and the fix is painless and permanent! Please let us know what the resolution is.

DoneWithDodge

Aug 29, 2024
Truck Year
Thanks for the long read.

The mechanic didn't properly reattach fuel lines so the smell and smoke was fuel spraying in/around engine bay. Luckily nothing caught fire or combusted. The smell is there to stay. They "fixed" it but the smell and fuel I dumped everywhere for three days.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Thanks for the long read.

The mechanic didn't properly reattach fuel lines so the smell and smoke was fuel spraying in/around engine bay. Luckily nothing caught fire or combusted. The smell is there to stay. They "fixed" it but the smell and fuel I dumped everywhere for three days.
Maybe a little spray off cleaner and VERY low water pressure rinse would start to help! thank goodness you avoided catastrophic failure!