• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Duct-Charge Air Cooler and Electronic Throttle Control Module

dfd282

Sep 4, 2024
Truck Year
Ok so Monday I was driving along and suddenly hear this pop and loud hiss like a vacuum hose blowing, and truck wouldn't make more than about 15 miles an hour. Made it the final mile to my destination and stopped. After some bourbon and the rain stopped I went back out and popped the hood and discovered the bottom had blown off the bottom charge air cooler duct. I was able to jam it back in and drove home, and while I could get the truck up to speed, it ran in limp mode.

Today I took the thing apart and used metal duct tape to tape the bottom of the charge air cooler back together since I'm too broke to drop $500 on a new one, and put it all together, but I'm still running in limp mode.

signal-2024-09-04-134334_002.jpeg

Truck threw the "Service Electronic Throttle Control Module" light, and that hasn't reset. What do I need to do to reset that control module now that the charge air duct is fixed, and get out of limp mode? Please tell me there's a way to do this without the dealer...

Also, curious if it's normal for the inside of that to be coated with engine oil... cause I wouldn't have expected it to be, but it is.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Just fyi more than likely if you give it a lot of throttle, I’m but sure that tape will hold back 30psi for long but if it does that’s good to know!