• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Engine rough when shutting off

Ironcity

Dec 16, 2020
Truck Year
Hi everyone. I have a 2016 ecodiesel. The first engine failed at 57,000 miles. The new engine now has approximately 97,000 miles on it. The engine has run fine up until about a week ago. It is starting up fine and running smoothly up until I shut it off. Normally shut off is buttery smooth. I hit the button and the engine smoothly rolls to an end over maybe a second or so. Now I hit the button and it starts a smooth shutdown, but finishes with a rough last half second. Any ideas what could be causing this? I tried searching this forum, but couldn’t find anyone with the same issue. There are no check engine lights. It’s been through more than 1 tank of fuel. I’d like to avoid getting it to a dealer. Any thoughts are much appreciated