• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hello, I am located in California and am the not so proud owner of 2018 Ram1500 Laramie. Rod knock at 54K miles well under the mileage warranty.

PioneerT

May 15, 2024
Truck Year
Engine blown well under mileage warranty but two months over on time warranty. After dealership saying they would try to get corporate to okay work as warranty, I found that they had not pursued at all. They gave me a price quote of $27K to replace the engine. I talked to another dealership who told me how to contact Stellantis and pursue a claim. I did that and after some time they said they would work with me and get it fixed. Totally different story from the dealership service guys. I have emails from Jay at Stellantis saying they would take care of it but then the Stellantis CEO got his new $40 million dollar contract and I got screwed. This process was drawn out over a course of over 4 months from when the vehicle was towed to the dealership. I am currently exploring a very limited number of alternatives as apparently no one in California works on these because of their constant string of troubles. In the state of California you cannot get a registration renewal if there is a recall on a vehicle and typically Ram does not have parts for the recall. Earlier this year I paid early for the registration because I had heard thru the grapevine that the high pressure fuel pumps were being recalled. Now my truck has been held hostage there but the dealership says they will not install the new HPFP because the engine needs to running properly to do so so I asked them to give to me, so I can ship the truck out of state for repair work. The dealership has refused to do that. None of the Dodge Ram dealerships in California have a mechanic that will eve do any mechanical work. They are just a Jiffy Lube with a computer now. Would love to get in touch with someone that wants to do another class action against the reprobates that run Stellantis and their dealerships.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Boostn Is correct..owning VM 3.0 is Hero Zero engine...OAs trends may give the owner the insight to sell before it pukes...Buying any Vehicle used with VM 3.0 is generally buying the previous owner's problems...