• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hi everyone, I am new to this site. I have a 2017 ecodiesel, Big Horn 4x4.

havtahunt1

Jul 26, 2024
Truck Year
I have 128k miles on the truck and pretty much zero issues, till now. It started with the seat and steering heater not working. Then my back up sensors went. Two days later, airbag light came on, a/c fan not working, but compressor kicks in. Backup camera also not working. I can't come up with any answers on this one. I would appreciate any help on this.
Thanks

havtahunt1

Jul 26, 2024
Truck Year
I unlatched it, and reconnected. Pins and connectors looked clean. Same stuff not working.

Attachments

• 20240727_101746.jpg
    20240727_101746.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 1

Ricerocket27

Mar 5, 2024
Truck Year
I have 128k miles on the truck and pretty much zero issues, till now. It started with the seat and steering heater not working. Then my back up sensors went. Two days later, airbag light came on, a/c fan not working, but compressor kicks in. Backup camera also not working. I can't come up with any answers on this one. I would appreciate any help on this.
Thanks
For steering wheel heater, that sounds like the clock spring (located behind the steering wheel and airbag). I lost cruise control when mine went. It's a bit of a mission to replace, but not too bad, just takes a bit of time, and mirrors to see wat you are doing in particular to unclip the air bag (I used a cell phone on the dash using the front camera so i could watch what my hands wee doing,. worked well lol). That was on my 2010 Hemi Laramie, but I'd be willing to bet Eco is the same. Clock springs available from Rock Auto. I am not sure if this will affect the other not working things you refer to or not (one would think not). Check fuses fo the other things. Oh, my seat haeters in 2010 didnt work either, I suspect the just crapped out due to many bums on seats so to speak. Check electrical connections as they others have said, before pulling clock spring.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Could also be a failing battery. They will wreak havoc on these trucks with ghost problems lol

havtahunt1

Jul 26, 2024
Truck Year
I think I resolved it. The fan relay and fuse where ok. I pulled off the blower motor, found this. Waiting on new a new blower. Somehow the blower may be shorting the electrical system. I will update when the blower arrives.

Attachments

• 20240729_073847.jpg
    20240729_073847.jpg
    297.6 KB · Views: 6

havtahunt1

Jul 26, 2024
Truck Year
Ok, everything is working. It was the airbag fuse hidden under the plastic puller, holds two 10 amp fuses. I think the one fuse had some corrosion. I replaced the the fan motor, and I did a clean reset, disconnected the battery for an hour. Everything is back to normal. Thank you for the suggestions.

stockham10

Aug 8, 2024
Truck Year
Not Listed
Thanks
I had the same issue with my former 2017 on the backup camera. The connection on mine in the tail gate same loose. Reconnect and tie down with zip ties.