• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

How to determine tune status

morcoma

Sep 18, 2024
Truck Year
Hi all, I’m new to the forum and the ecodiesel engine. I’ve been reading a lot on here since I bought a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie with the 3.0 ecodiesel and 100K km, and there’s a ton of great information.

I have one big question for the folks out there who know a lot about this engine and the tunes available. How can I determine the tune status of my truck? When I bought it two months ago I didn’t really know much about the tune and delete options that are available and I didn’t think to ask if it had been modified (I’m not sure they would have known anyway, I bought from a generic used truck dealer who took it as a trade). When I went to an auto locksmith I know to get a new key fob programmed for it, he told me it looked like a bypass had been installed and removed in the past. Now I’m really curious what, if anything, was tuned or deleted. I’ve taken a good look around and I’m 99% sure there’s no stage 2 mods, but I have no idea how to tell what stage 1 work might have been done.

Any help on how I would go about figuring this out would be appreciated. I’m in eastern Ontario up in Canada.

Attachments

• IMG_1704 Medium.jpeg
    IMG_1704 Medium.jpeg
    115.5 KB · Views: 1