• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

I hope i haven't gotten into a major problem!

jon thompson

Aug 10, 2024
Truck Year
Just recently bought a 2016 eco-diesel didn't have all the recalls done so I took it to a Dodge dealer. "only a 4 hour job and we do have the the kit" yea 2 days later they have to order parts and I need a 3700 dollar intake. does any one know the wording or where I can find info on a extended warranty from the EGR cooler recall . Is there a place I can check my serial number for any warranty coverage. The truck has 157,000 miles and is immaculate otherwise.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Just recently bought a 2016 eco-diesel didn't have all the recalls done so I took it to a Dodge dealer. "only a 4 hour job and we do have the the kit" yea 2 days later they have to order parts and I need a 3700 dollar intake. does any one know the wording or where I can find info on a extended warranty from the EGR cooler recall . Is there a place I can check my serial number for any warranty coverage. The truck has 157,000 miles and is immaculate otherwise.
There is no extended warranty issued with the EFR cooler recall.
Here's where to go for recall info for your VIN

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
The AEM recall had an extended warranty
"The extended warranty period is the greater of (i) 10 years
from the date of initial sale or 120,000 actual miles on the
vehicle odometer, whichever comes first; and (ii) 4 years or
48,000 miles from the date and mileage of installing the
Approved Emissions Modification on the vehicle, whichever
comes first."

The W58 tone wheel recall had an extended warranty
"This letter is to inform you that the warranty period on your vehicle’s 3.0L Diesel Crankshaft Tone
Wheel has been extended from 5 years or 100,000 miles to 8 years / Unlimited miles. This warranty
extension on the 3.0L Diesel Crankshaft Tone Wheel applies to certain 2014 - 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee
(WK) and certain 2014 - 2018 RAM 1500 Pickup (DS) vehicles."

jon thompson

Aug 10, 2024
Truck Year
Thanks a bunch. I guess if I can't get it covered I will learn more about working on this thing than I had planed on. I don't like paying labor when I have spent my whole life working on all kinds of machines.