• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My name is edgar

Enegron

Jul 5, 2022
Truck Year
So I've been working on my step brothers truck I'm no diesel mech but I am pretty handy with my tools .so he was driving and all of a sudden everything shut down wouldn't start so he gets towed home well then I scanned his truck it's a 2015 ecodiesal 3.0 and I get 4 codes one was the crank sensor which I changed which was no easy task put it all back together and still didn't change anything. Now I looked and looked for anything I could of over looked then had someone else scan it and they say the ecm isn't getting signal to replace the ecm and computer. Before I have my bro buy stuff he can't take back . Well I was thinking is there a way.to test the stuff before replacing something that may not even b the problem

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
If the crank sensor was bad the tone wheel could have came apart and took out the crank sensor, very common.. If that happened it could be under AEM recall extended warranty. There is also a W58 recall that was a software change to allow the truck to run if the tone wheel failed. His truck stopped running so I'm guessing the W58 recall was ignored. If the AEM recall was also ignored there is a W68 recall that replaces the failed tone wheel. What I don't know ids how to prove a tone wheel failure. Maybe some one will chime in and help you.