• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Oil change problem

splat251

Oct 27, 2016
Truck Year
Hello everyone, I change my own oil and was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the spring and the composite thimble looking piece that is mounted in the spring, breaking apart in your1000004307.jpg1000004306.jpgs?

Frank246

Feb 20, 2019
Truck Year
I don't recall anyone mentioning this before, but as for me, I have changed my own oil over 12 times now and have not had that happen. Not sure if it is broken or just can be put back in place?

splat251

Oct 27, 2016
Truck Year
The spring is really not the problem, it's the other piece that has pretty much dicitigraded. It's not a numbered part so they don't have a replacement for it. Looking for maybe some suggestions on how to replace it with out buying a whole new pump. Thanks

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
There’s a previous post on this, I’m pretty sure the whole oil filter assembly was changed to correct it but I could be wrong

splat251

Oct 27, 2016
Truck Year
I know, that sounds like a huge over kill for that 1 little piece. It's no bigger than a thimble.