• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Oil Filter Adapter - Cartridge to Spin-on

JBlake3313

Sep 2, 2024
Truck Year
I've got a 2016 Ecodiesel Bighorn, and I'm trying to install an additional oil cooler since my EOT temps go through the roof any time I try to tow. The problem I'm having is that all the oil cooler designs have a cookie that is built for spin on filters, not cartridge style. I've seen that there are a couple companies that do adapters, but all of them say it won't fit. Has anyone found one that works?

I cannot be the only person dealing with or trying this....

...a child of God

Apr 15, 2024
Truck Year
Instead of replacing the OEM unit, maybe look into adding an inline filter like the racers use on their car.

JBlake3313

Sep 2, 2024
Truck Year
Instead of replacing the OEM unit, maybe look into adding an inline filter like the racers use on their car.
It's not so much that I'm replacing the OEM, it's that the aftermarket oil cooler needs to connect using a thermostatic cookie between the block & a spin-on oil filter. I haven't seen an aftermarket oil cooler that will connect to a Cartridge style Oil filter. The closest I've found is a $500 chunk of milled aluminum from D&J Diesel.