• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

P0299 help please 🙏

Sgrahamshults92

Jul 31, 2022
Truck Year
I have a 2017 ram eco diesel with about 160k miles been a great truck since I’ve had it but on day driving about an hour away from home the radiator cracked where the plastic meets the aluminum tabs on the side sprayed coolant everywhere it was smoking pulled over as fast as I could turbo made some pretty loud clacking shut it down checked it out. The foam on top of the egr cooler looked like a part of it was melted to the cooler a little bit I added coolant to move it to an open spot for the tow truck to get it and the turbo sounded fine and ran fine . Got it towed home ordered a radiator coolant thermostat and the plastic coolant bypass tube cause I saw some coolant crusties. Took map sensor out to clean it since truck was down anyway figured I’d do oil change fuel filter and clean my map sensor and defuser tube but took map sensor out and half the cone was gone ? So ordered a new one from MOPAR finished replacing radiator and doin all maintenance got the new map sensor and I turned the truck on and it sounds like the intake tube or inter cooler tube is taking deep breathes ? Deep noise deep breathes in wierd ? I did take intercooler tubes off when replacing radiator I don’t kno if that has something to do with it ? Also drove it it wouldn’t accelerate then bam Rpms fly up and truck takes off then sluggish again won’t go p0299 code thrown turbo under boost also when it does take off fast outta nowhere I can’t hear the turbo anymore ? Can anybody help me where to look . I’m hoping it’s not a bad turbo I don’t know why it was fine then after being down it’s acting up .