• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Post Z46 leak

EcoRama

Jun 16, 2023
Truck Year
So it's been about three weeks since I had the Z46 HPFP done and yesterday I started noticing my truck was leaving a lot of oily stains on the driveway. Today I discover it has a MAJOR fluid leak, which I'm assuming is fuel, coming out from under the fuel pump area so much that It's dripping off the lower engine, front drive shaft, transmission, and cross member. Anyone else heard of problems with the new fuel pumps?

JBLACK

May 1, 2024
Truck Year
So it's been about three weeks since I had the Z46 HPFP done and yesterday I started noticing my truck was leaving a lot of oily stains on the driveway. Today I discover it has a MAJOR fluid leak, which I'm assuming is fuel, coming out from under the fuel pump area so much that It's dripping off the lower engine, front drive shaft, transmission, and cross member. Anyone else heard of problems with the new fuel pumps?
I had the recall performed 2 times after having catastrophic failure…
Throttle control
Cam
My guess would be poor workmanship at the dealer and not any of the recall parts themselves.
Not a coincidence.

EcoRama

Jun 16, 2023
Truck Year
Well had the truck towed back to the dealer last week Thursday and this week Tuesday got a call to come pick it up. They said it wasn't fuel but oil leaking due to an improper installed O ring between the HPFP and engine. But just seemed that what covered the undercarriage, clear back to the spare tire, sure didn't look like or feel the consistency of oil.
But then I didn't even get off the lot before turning back because now the AC was blowing HOT air. So sadly it's still at the dealer who's unable to figure out why the AC stopped blowing cold after they fixed that leak.