• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Projector LEDs

21trucker

Nov 16, 2018
Truck Year
Hello everyone,
Just curious what everyone has used to upgrade their headlamps to LED. I tried installing Sylvanias, but I cannot replace the dust cover on the headlamp housing. It touches the little fan on the back of bulb. Is there a bulb out there I can replace or am I stuck with our sub par lighting system.
2016 Ram Laramie with projector.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Don't know if you are trying to going Chinese Amazon Cheap or are lookin for quality but Morimoto meets and exceeds OEM.

Click here

21trucker

Nov 16, 2018
Truck Year
Don't know if you are trying to going Chinese Amazon Cheap or are lookin for quality but Morimoto meets and exceeds OEM.

Click here
Not looking for Chinese garbage. The more I look, the more I realize I'll be purchasing new headlamp assemblies. Can't seem to find any bulbs that will fit our projector headlamps.

BTdriver

Aug 30, 2018
Truck Year
Not looking for Chinese garbage. The more I look, the more I realize I'll be purchasing new headlamp assemblies. Can't seem to find any bulbs that will fit our projector headlamps.
Some time back, I was able to purchase extended back covers for my headlight assemblies. I'm sorry, I don't recall the brand, but some i-net searching should turn some up. My biggest hurdle with going LED in my projectors was that my truck monitors current draw for burned out bulbs. I have the OBD Link MX+ and Alpha OBD app, but havent found the right setting to turn off the monitoring. There isn't a setting for LED headlights by name, just halogen/xenon bulbs and HID (IIRC). What would happen is I'd be driving with lights on for about 20-30 min, the lights would turn off then back on a couple times - like the computer is testing an unexpected sensor reading, then shut off completely with a headlight out message on the dash. The only way to get the lights back on is to pull over, shut off the truck and restart. I tried it with the parallel resistors and same result. Got tired of R2ing the headlight assemblies so went back to halogens.

Note: If anyone knows what exact setting to change in Alpha OBD, please share.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
I’m running these in my projectors with no issues or faults.

Attachments

• IMG_3697.jpeg
    IMG_3697.jpeg
    119.6 KB · Views: 5