• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Transfer Case Control Module - BAD

US1A1A

Jan 13, 2021
Truck Year
I have a 2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn and the Transfer Case Control Module is bad. My question is if I purchase a new Module from Mopar will I have to bring it to the dealership to have it reprogrammed to my truck or being that it is a new Module will it pick up the VIN and be plug and play?

Hogtownbrews

May 4, 2024
Truck Year
I have a 2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn and the Transfer Case Control Module is bad. My question is if I purchase a new Module from Mopar will I have to bring it to the dealership to have it reprogrammed to my truck or being that it is a new Module will it pick up the VIN and be plug and play?

I picked up a used one.. can’t see anywhere in Alfaobd to program it… following along.

How did you diagnose it as being bad? I am trying to figure out a service 4wd light and have tried the transfer case motor, axle actuator, … I figure all that is left is the tccm or a wiring issue.

US1A1A

Jan 13, 2021
Truck Year
The guys I go Rock Crawling with own a Off-road and 4x4 shop. I knew i was having issues with my 4x4 and I had accidentally switched it to 4wd Low and It would not go back into 2wd. I had already changed the actuator motor and that wasn't the problem. They drove into it a little bit and found out they had to disconnect the Transfer Case Control Module and then they could manually switch it back to 2wd. They said the TCCM was bad but they couldn't fix it because it would have to be programmed to the vehicle. But I'm getting mixed input some say if its new and never installed before, it will auto program and pull the VIN automatically. I do know if you pull a used one from another vehicle you definitely will have to get it reprogrammed to your vehicle though.