• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Transmission shift point tune data

FarmerBob

Mar 21, 2023
Truck Year
Does anyone know if these trucks use the same parameters for shift points as cars? I know next to nothing about any of this, but it sounds like cars use throttle position and rpm (converted to output shaft speed) to set shift points. I'm curious if trucks use any additional data like load or torque to set shift points. The reason I'm asking, is that my truck shift great 99% of the time, but sometimes it does a bit of a quick/short shift on second-third. Its not bad, and I know that if I drive a bit more aggressively in that situation its not bad, but I would like to have that section of the shift table updated if possible and I just want to know what data to track to give a precise table block to change. The situation where it quick shifts from 2-3 is under low load going up hill from a stand still.