• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Turbo lag

Las Cruces

Aug 23, 2024
Truck Year
2021 eco diesel turbo lag. Was told by dealer that this is normal. I am always reluctant to pull out in traffic unless there is ample time for the slow response. “Worrisome “. Any tried and proven remedies?

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
A legitimate tune will remove that lag. If you leave it stock learn to roll into it, stomping the peddle is the worst.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Thanks John. What does a legitimate tune entail. Approx. cost?

die08trying

Jan 12, 2022
Truck Year
I installed GDE tune on my 2015 and it solved the lag. Recommend you add the regen and engine braking options. For those that live in U.S. states that require emissions testing, this is a compliant, great option when compared to deleting.

Stephen33

Oct 6, 2022
Truck Year
I installed GDE tune on my 2015 and it solved the lag. Recommend you add the regen and engine braking options. For those that live in U.S. states that require emissions testing, this is a compliant, great option when compared to deleting.
On my 2015 EcoDiesel, I noticed the same problem. I purchased a Pedal Commander and plugged it in. That solved the problem sufficiently for me.

brushpoppers

Jul 26, 2024
Truck Year
Its an ongoing pro
2021 eco diesel turbo lag. Was told by dealer that this is normal. I am always reluctant to pull out in traffic unless there is ample time for the slow response. “Worrisome “. Any tried and proven remedies?
Sell it while you can.
Ecodiesel nothing but trouble. Design flaws galore!