• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Vgt U010C code

Logan Hubbard

Jul 3, 2024
Truck Year
Hey All!
First off, thanks in advance. I have a 2018 ram eco diesel with 106k miles. Deleted, tune.
Anyway, I was under the truck after doing some brakes and noticed a section of old wires from that went to components prior to the delete well I was moving them and somehow one wire was exposed as I was pushing it up it sparked on the exhaust. Now I have that code with hardly any power. The vgt control module is apparently one with the turbo and I would have to replace both. Is there a way to test it before doing all that? Or any ideas or tricks to try?
Logan

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Hey All!
First off, thanks in advance. I have a 2018 ram eco diesel with 106k miles. Deleted, tune.
Anyway, I was under the truck after doing some brakes and noticed a section of old wires from that went to components prior to the delete well I was moving them and somehow one wire was exposed as I was pushing it up it sparked on the exhaust. Now I have that code with hardly any power. The vgt control module is apparently one with the turbo and I would have to replace both. Is there a way to test it before doing all that? Or any ideas or tricks to try?
Logan
I've got a good vgt actuator on the shelf, it kinda sucks but you can do it from on top of the engine. Just pop off the e clip and linkage, then it's a few 10mm.

As to the module for it I'm not sure. None of that should be powered circuits from exhaust sensors, in my opinion anyway.

Attachments

• 20240704_112823.jpg
    20240704_112823.jpg
    233.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 20240704_112828.jpg
    20240704_112828.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 2

Logan Hubbard

Jul 3, 2024
Truck Year
Thanks so much! If I wind up needing it I will let you know. This am I double checked every single fuse and I found a bad Ignition coil fuse. Problem solved. For now ... ha