• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Well just bought a 2015 ram with an ecodiesel,

Curt M

May 13, 2024
Truck Year
truck is in excellent condition with 140,000km on it,original owner said he never had any issues with, iam am a 40 yr mechanic , electrical engineer and retired maintenance manager, my question for you fellas is should I do a def delete, stage 1 or 2, iam in Canada, South western Ont and seems there is a lot of knowledge on this forum, I did do some research and looks like a stage 2 with programming and I do the mechanical work is like $1800 , seems a little steep. What is the best route to go, I don't drive it lightly which should help the carbon and buildup caused by the egr system, should I just leave it stock or do the delete, we no longer have emission testing in Ont, another question should ya let it idle to warm up or just start and go ????, being a diesel i generally let it idle for a min before shutting it off. Any recommendations would be great
Apprecia the info

magagal

Apr 1, 2024
Truck Year
truck is in excellent condition with 140,000km on it,original owner said he never had any issues with, iam am a 40 yr mechanic , electrical engineer and retired maintenance manager, my question for you fellas is should I do a def delete, stage 1 or 2, iam in Canada, South western Ont and seems there is a lot of knowledge on this forum, I did do some research and looks like a stage 2 with programming and I do the mechanical work is like $1800 , seems a little steep. What is the best route to go, I don't drive it lightly which should help the carbon and buildup caused by the egr system, should I just leave it stock or do the delete, we no longer have emission testing in Ont, another question should ya let it idle to warm up or just start and go ????, being a diesel i generally let it idle for a min before shutting it off. Any recommendations would be great
Apprecia the info
So, I'm not a mechanic so not sure what the Stage 1 or 2 is. After watching the videos on what it entails to do the EGR delete on my 2016 Dodge RAM 1500, we opted to go ahead and bite the bullet and bring it go a diesel shop to do the work. It's hard to find a shop wiling to do the work but hubby has a great relationship with a top notch local diesel shop and they agreed to do it for him. We paid $4K (ouch!) but got the EGR delete, DEF delete and tune. I couldn't be happier!

The mileage is easily average 24 mpg with normal city/hwy combo driving. Easily gets upwards of 26 when most of it's hwy. Previously I was happy at the average 21 mpg. At some point we'll take it on a long road trip and look forward to seeing what the max mpg is. The hesitation at acceleration from a stop is completely eliminated and the truck runs fantastic - very zippy and responsive.

(NOTE: my husband had previously added an oil catch can). We've changed the oil once, added a bunch of detergent additives and will change the oil again here soon. Viscosity looks good. The HOPE is that dirty oil will start to look better (fingers crossed!) after a few changes. The truck had 117K miles on it when we had the work done so my only concern that it's not too late but so far so good. I'd gladly pay it again and assume I could easily get that back if I were to sell it as advertised with these highly desireable modifications. It does stink A LOT more than it used to since we're not pumping the emissions back into the motor. We're checking into at some point eliminating the catalytic converter and going straight pipes with a muffler. LOVE LOVE love this truck - so easy to drive but has all the power needed.

autoX

Nov 6, 2022
Truck Year
iam am a 40 yr mechanic , electrical engineer and retired industrial systems manager. After engine failure listened to advice of the local diesel shop here in bc and did the delete. It's been great. Drives normally for one thing (throttle res). Only downside is it's stinky/particulates.

Miles is a good thing, of the exhaust is up to temp and the DEF is fresh and flowing, that's good.

I was towing our 30' 9000lb airstream this week and going up some 12% hills, twisty road appreciated the extra grunt of the delete.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Apprecia the info

Yes, Also replace the Intake plenum, Upgrade the Turbo coolant lines, and hope the Turbo good ?, Replace the glow plugs and of course use Anti-size.

If you can get this, and want to spend the extra $$$ https://bankspower.com/products/race-component-41390-banks-630t-3-0l-ecodiesel

W.D.H.

Nov 9, 2016
Truck Year
Apprecia the info
My truck is a 2017 and we immediately deleted the egr when new. We this past weekend performed a stage 2 delete. Honest to god it was the best thing I ever did, truck is running better than it ever did. It's pricy for the delete but it will extend the life of your truck. I used "Diesel Dudes" super nice guy's.

autoX

Nov 6, 2022
Truck Year
But I am not sure how the climate is in Ontario (canada) for deletes. It is "illegal". Out west here, AB/BC is a non-issue, shops even advertise the service for all makes.

Commercial use/large motors emissions are enforced.

W.D.H.

Nov 9, 2016
Truck Year
But I am not sure how the climate is in Ontario (canada) for deletes. It is "illegal". Out west here, AB/BC is a non-issue, shops even advertise the service for all makes.

Commercial use/large motors emissions are enforced.
I'm in NE Wisconsin never had an issue with my EGR delete. TheDieseldudes.com are in Canada and super nice to talk with 888-830-2588. At least give their page a look.

Curt M

May 13, 2024
Truck Year
iam am a 40 yr mechanic , electrical engineer and retired industrial systems manager. After engine failure listened to advice of the local diesel shop here in bc and did the delete. It's been great. Drives normally for one thing (throttle res). Only downside is it's stinky/particulates.

Miles is a good thing, of the exhaust is up to temp and the DEF is fresh and flowing, that's good.

I was towing our 30' 9000lb airstream this week and going up some 12% hills, twisty road appreciated the extra grunt of the delete.
Auto x , myself also a mechanic , and engineer, what exactly did you have done to the engine, did you just do the def delete, there is a lot of info out there to sift thru