• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2015 Grand Cherokee Stage 2 Deleted Stalling

DieselJeepGuy

Oct 16, 2024
Truck Year
Hello everyone. I am new to the community. Been reading a lot of post on the Ecodiesel. I really appreciate this community.

Back at the beginning of Summer, I was towing an empty short trailer. I came to a stop then went to take off, heard a *piff* sound lost all power, service throttle body appeared. Codes I got were pointing towards the crank shaft position sensor. Took it to the dealer and they checked the tone wheel and it was definitely failed. Said it shredded the sensor. Had that replaced and the HPFP for the recall. They also did some manual regens to get the dpf into tolerance. I got the vehicle back and it definitely ran better but would still go into limp mode and throw a turbo under boost error and occasionally come back with air flow issues in the dpf and at this point would start no issue, just wouldn’t go into a regen state. I had a local shop check my turbo and they said it can build and hold over 24 psi of boost. I then decided to delete it and do a stage 2 removal with coolant line being rerouted instead of blocked off. I got all the sensors and hardware off the jeep and now it will stall shortly after start. Typically will keep doing that till I unplug the temp sensor on the charged air intake horn before the throttle valve. I have replaced that sensor along with the MAP, MAF, oil pressure sensor, a temp sensor on the back of the engine. Reflashed the tune from stock. It is now throwing a P0402 for egr excessive flow. I’m running a Dyno Diesel tune and they have been supportive. I don’t believe it’s the tune at this point. I can unplug that temp sensor on the intake horn however, till will stall, start, stall, start then finally fire up with a few revs like it’s going to stall and stay running. It will also buckle randomly well driving or stall coming to a stop. Cold start seems to be working fine and the issues seem like they are happening more when it’s at op temp then sits for a couple hours. It’s to the point I don’t trust my wife and kids to be in the vehicle. I’m at the point we’re I have exhausted my knowledge and not sure where to look at this point. I was thinking about deleting the butterfly valve on the throttle but I don’t see how that would prevent starts. Or maybe do a new intake manifold. Any and all help would be appreciated. I’ll attach a pic of the sensor I have to unplug to get the vehicle to run.

Attachments

• IMG_1103.jpeg
    IMG_1103.jpeg
    259.1 KB · Views: 1