• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

2021 Ram 1500 Eco Diesel -- 70,000 mile 2 engines, 2 exhaust filters, 2 fuel pumps and it still doesn't run

Truelok

Jun 4, 2024
Truck Year
I have less than 70K miles on my truck. It's a great looking truck that rides well when it's running. Longhorn Edition.

At approximately 40K miles, the engine was replaced and that took about a month.
At 65K miles, the regen process starts for the first time and it never recovered. The exhaust system ($5500) was replaced. None of the sensors were replaced. That took a week.
At 67,000 miles I get the regen error again and take it back. They replace the fuel pump only and open a star ticket. Takes a week
At 68,000 miles same regen error. They replace the pump and the fuel filter. Another week.
At 69,000 I get the 100% filter warning and the truck starts limiting my fuel flow. We drove 250 miles through the VA mountains at 34 mph on the interstate.

Stellantis tells me it does not meet Lemon Law requirements for SC, so they won't buy it back. They told me to back to the dealership and work a deal them.

Has anyone started a class action lawsuit for this new generation of Eco Diesels? If so, I will join it.

BTdriver

Aug 30, 2018
Truck Year
That sounds like a bad sensor, and the dealer is not doing their due diligence on the troubleshooting.
My 2 or 3 cents...
When the CEL comes on again, take it to a parts store to have the code(s) read and come back to this forum with them. Collectively, we should be able to narrow things down to a better solution.
I recommend getting a tune on the truck from Green Diesel Engineering, Sofa King Tuned, etc. - Will greatly improve how the truck runs and significantly reduce how much soot it makes and puts in your DPF (more time between regens).

Truelok

Jun 4, 2024
Truck Year
That sounds like a bad sensor, and the dealer is not doing their due diligence on the troubleshooting.
My 2 or 3 cents...
When the CEL comes on again, take it to a parts store to have the code(s) read and come back to this forum with them. Collectively, we should be able to narrow things down to a better solution.
I recommend getting a tune on the truck from Green Diesel Engineering, Sofa King Tuned, etc. - Will greatly improve how the truck runs and significantly reduce how much soot it makes and puts in your DPF (more time between regens).
BTdriver, I agree. I asked them about both sensors on the exhaust and they said they have a Star ticket open on it and the Engineers are telling them what to do. It's all warranty work and I don't want to risk them voiding the warranty.

BTdriver

Aug 30, 2018
Truck Year
If they are paying for the work, then go with it. If you are paying, it's your right to take it elsewhere.