• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Arnott rear air spring issues and Fix

BayouHambo

Sep 2, 2017
Truck Year
After 8 years I finally had to replace my rear air springs on my 2015 Limited ED. Both air springs developed pinhole age cracks ( tested with soapy water). I chose Arnott part A-3016 for the rear and also decided to change out the front ones too due to age, Did this July of 2022 with Ram dealer, me supplying parts. September of 2023, 14 months later, while returning from a camping trip pulling my 5600 # camper, my right rear Arnott air bag blew about 50 miles from home! Orielly’s supplied the replacement air bag under warranty, but I had to pay dealer labor and nitrogen charge. Two weeks later the other air bag blew while pulling the camper!! But this time I was 200 miles from home. I pulled the compressor fuse so not to overheat the compressor and crippled back home at 50 mph. Orielly‘s replaced the left one under warranty and I incurred the dealer labor and nitrogen charge yet again. Orielly’s attempted to get Arnott to pay for the labor, but Arnott refused, warranting just the part. 8 years on Mopar air springs, no problem pulling my 2020 camper for a couple years on a Mopar. Fast forward to this past April, 2024, I headed out on another camping trip and blew the second right rear air bag not 20 miles from the house, ( 7 months on these air bags and we know they should handle the load that Mopar handled.). I immediately called my Local Orielly‘s from the road and crippled directly back to the Store. I found the mgr just getting off the phone with an engineer at Arnott. That Oriell’s man went to bat for me! After his explaining to Arnott all that has transpired since July of 2022, the engineer told him to replace both air springs with a second generation model 4008 Air spring, not to go back with the A-3016 that the computer pulls up. The Arnott engineer said that it is rare to come out with a second generation air bag, but they did. Now I know they don’t just spend all that money on redesign and fabrication IF there was not a problem. SO, if you need to replace your air springs with Arnott, request the second generation, part # 4008, not what shows up on the computer. I’ve got the new ones installed and am heading onto the maiden camper voyage for Memorial Day. As for Orielly’s, they got my loyalty. That manager explained all we went through to his regional management and request some financial assistance for me and they covered the labor cost for both air springs. We sent both of the model A-3016 air springs back to Arnott for evaluation, remember only one of them failed, but it failed at the rubber to end AP joint just like the previous four failures. This is my first post on the forum and I hope it helps someone. Sorry for the lengthy thesis.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Welcome to the forum.
it's always nice to hear about a good ending. It says a lot about Orieilys and their manager.