• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Code P245B after HPFP replacement

21trucker

Nov 16, 2018
Truck Year
Hey everyone,

I had the HPFP replaced yesterday at the dealer. This morning the CEL came on while my wife drove to work. I scanned it when I got home and it shows the code above. Is this something caused by the HPFP replacement. I also had the air intake replaced about a month ago by my mechanic. From what I see online, it's possible they have disconnected a line, intentional or not. I DESPISE my dealer, and don't want to be taken for a ride, as they already told me they will charge me for the scan. But I also don't want to go to my regular mechanic and pay for the dealers mistake.
Is it possible this code is the result of the HPFP repair? As well, should I be smelling fuel? I don't see any seeping/leaking anywhere. I hope it's just spilled fuel burning off.

Thanks all.

stravis38

Jul 31, 2024
Truck Year
Hey everyone,

I had the HPFP replaced yesterday at the dealer. This morning the CEL came on while my wife drove to work. I scanned it when I got home and it shows the code above. Is this something caused by the HPFP replacement. I also had the air intake replaced about a month ago by my mechanic. From what I see online, it's possible they have disconnected a line, intentional or not. I DESPISE my dealer, and don't want to be taken for a ride, as they already told me they will charge me for the scan. But I also don't want to go to my regular mechanic and pay for the dealers mistake.
Is it possible this code is the result of the HPFP repair? As well, should I be smelling fuel? I don't see any seeping/leaking anywhere. I hope it's just spilled fuel burning off.

Thanks all.
I also just had the HPFP replaced by the dealer for the recall and it started throwing the same code. I also stated getting the P04db code which is for crankcase ventilation valve. Did you ever figure out what was the cause of your code? I can't find any noticeable air leaks in those related vacuum lines like many suggest.

21trucker

Nov 16, 2018
Truck Year
I also just had the HPFP replaced by the dealer for the recall and it started throwing the same code. I also stated getting the P04db code which is for crankcase ventilation valve. Did you ever figure out what was the cause of your code? I can't find any noticeable air leaks in those related vacuum lines like many

I also just had the HPFP replaced by the dealer for the recall and it started throwing the same code. I also stated getting the P04db code which is for crankcase ventilation valve. Did you ever figure out what was the cause of your code? I can't find any noticeable air leaks in those related vacuum lines like many suggest.
IIRC, my mechanic said it was a plugged hose. Been running normally now for a few weeks and have done a couple 200 mile road trips with no issues.

EcoRama

Jun 16, 2023
Truck Year
I just had the Z46 and 66a recalls done this week and after the P0191 and P015B codes popped. Took it back to the dealer and they're checking. Of course these codes only show with the stock PCM not with the pre-GDE.