• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Dealer suggest new engine

Tjmeigs

Oct 1, 2024
Truck Year
Hi guys , I’m new to the group , I’ve owned a 2015 ram 1500 ecodiesel now for 3.5 years with little to no issues until lately. I started losing coolant and took it to the dealer who took a while to figure it out. After some searching they found the egr pipe to be wet with coolant so they replaced it . I since drove it for 400 miles and noticed it loosing coolant again . I took it to my local dealer and explained what had gone on. They couldn’t figure it out and said it seemed fine. They said the egr pipe was wet again but said they thought the last dealer didn’t “burp” the coolant and it was probably from that . I took it home and it was still loosing coolant so I brought it back. They tested some more and said they found a bunch of coolant in the oil and I need a new engine. This doesn’t make sense since they said they tested the oil the first time and it looked normal , also the egr pipe was soaked when I pulled it . Does anybody have advice on how to proceed with the dealer?