• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Ecodiesel codes p0087 and p016f

ivos

Oct 11, 2024
Truck Year
Hi,I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee with the ecodiesel..my car just stopped, codes p0087 and p016f..rail pressure low and closed loop fuel pressure control low
The low pressure pump delivers 60psi, rail has only 800psi.I checked the injector return flow and pressure regulator on the rail,ok.
Looks like the high pressure pump?? Right?
The high pressure pump is new replaced from the dealer,did only 4000k's,I checked the solenoid on the pump looks fine.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.. thanks ivo

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Check the electronic LV...

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
It's on the Driver's side rail , limiting valve, CP4s need to run at 100% Volume (Combustion fuel) for longevity, so the LV regulates the fuel that's not needed for combustion back to tank. I don't care for electronic LV, the 2019-24 6.7 has the ELV, I hope it's done away with in the 2025 7.2 Cummins in 2025.

ivos

Oct 11, 2024
Truck Year
It's on the Driver's side rail , limiting valve, CP4s need to run at 100% Volume (Combustion fuel) for longevity, so the LV regulates the fuel that's not needed for combustion back to tank. I don't care for electronic LV, the 2019-24 6.7 has the ELV, I hope it's done away with in the 2025 7.2 Cummins in 2025.
I checked that valve on the rail.I took the return line off that rail while I was cranking,there was a very small amount flowing back for a second and than it stopped.No fuel back to the tank while I was still cranking.So I think it's working fine.

BTdriver

Aug 30, 2018
Truck Year
This may seem like a dumb question, but when was the last time the fuel filter was changed?