• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

FCA Engine Replacement

Ramman1

Jun 7, 2019
Truck Year
Well, GOOD NEWS!! (or not)
Finally got a call into the MoPar Warr. claim department and got an answer of sorts.

First off, the good news. They have my paperwork AND I have a claim number (which they only assign after at least 90 days from when they claim they get your paperwork)

Now the bad news. And yes I ask them to repeat it and then repeated the info back to them the third time to make sure I was hearing it correctly!!

"They are currently working claims submitted in JUNE 2022! and anticipate my claim from Aug/Nov/Dec 2022 to be reviewed in about another 6 months or so". WTF!

I was trying to decide to buy another warranty from them since my will be expiring in a few months, but this is just crazy! Seems like some kind of false marketing about reimburses. I guess it's like the US Gov ensuring your bank funds. They say they do it.............just don't say when you can get it!! LOL :mad:
I’m still waiting on reimbursement from 3 years ago for tone wheel replacement,

whiskytangofoxtrot

Mar 1, 2019
Truck Year
My truck came with a lifetime powertrain warranty, so we have to provide all the receipts before they will even tear into the engine. They’ve already told us the engine is blown, but they have to send an investigator to verify so we need to have all our ducks in a row. They told us it would cost around $15000 for a replacement. My husband just had his 2020 Ram eco diesel engine replaced as well. Took 5 months and it was under warranty. Not looking forward to the wait.
Actually according to the Mag
Interesting, I too have a 2014 Ram Eco diesel with 130000 miles that seized up on the highway going 70 and had mine towed to a dealer. So far we have spent 2 weeks gathering every receipt for oil changes and filters we’ve done ourselves and everyone that has been done by dealerships. I’ve read horror stories about denials even with all the receipts. Good luck!
Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act oil change factsUnder the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act oil changes do not void your warranty. The Act allows routine maintenance to be performed on your vehicle. “Routine maintenance” by definition of the FTC includes an oil change.Sep 1, 2017
In addition the onus is on them to prove the oil caused the failure. They cannot and should not demand receipt. In addition when a dealer tries to pull that you need to use our oil/filter the act says it they MUST provide oil/filter. Dealers just try to BS people

brushpoppers

Jul 26, 2024
Truck Year
Y
Has anyone had luck with FCA’s extended warranty covering a replacement engine? My engine shut off going 70MPH and flashed low oil pressure. Engine wouldn’t start again and just clicked when I turned the key. I had it towed to the dealership and they are saying my engine completely seized up.

2014 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel. 130k miles.
Yep.
New engine won't help. Terrible design with to many issues to mention. Dealer has had my truck for 3 months. Replacing engine then selling the bitch.

Frank246

Feb 20, 2019
Truck Year
My new engine is running fine. Now have about 20K on it and 120K on truck. Love it.
Will run it into the ground before I get rid of it.