• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Hi all. I’m MoparLarryAK. Retired. Love Mopars.

MoparLarryAK

Apr 27, 2024
Truck Year
Hi all. Recently purchased used 2018 Dodge 1500 eco diesel Big Horn. Then find out there’s a Z46 recall. months to get same part. Drive or not drive. That is the question.

StanRam2

Jul 6, 2023
Truck Year
I just got an appointment for my 2015. Waited 2 years. I called the corporation. They said to keep driving it and if it fails they'll cover the cleaning of the fuel system and any residual damage.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
Drive it without any worry.
The Ecodeisel CP4 pump recall results from the pump being a problem on the Cummins engines. NHTSA caused that safety recall. Then, because the Ecodiesel was using the same pump, even though its failure rate was less than 1%, the Z46 recall was issued.

MoparLarryAK

Apr 27, 2024
Truck Year
I just got an appointment for my 2015. Waited 2 years. I called the corporation. They said to keep driving it and if it fails they'll cover the cleaning of the fuel system and any residual damage.
Well that helps a lot. Thanks

MoparLarryAK

Apr 27, 2024
Truck Year
The Ecodeisel CP4 pump recall results from the pump being a problem on the Cummins engines. NHTSA caused that safety recall. Then, because the Ecodiesel was using the same pump, even though its failure rate was less than 1%, the Z46 recall was issued.
Thanks John. So far I am loving this truck. Had 3
thanks John. I love the truck so far. Previous had three new Longhorns. Still got my last one 2016. But have to say gas mileage wasn’t great. Loving the diesel for that. Drive it I will.

Cali

Aug 27, 2023
Truck Year
My 2015 ecodiesel has over 210,000 miles. Never had a fuel related issue whatsoever. Scheduled to go in tomorrow for the recall fix.
Always glad to hear something positive! Thank you!

CVR_71

Mar 17, 2023
Truck Year
I'm at about 172k on my 2016, no problems since I've owned it, went in yesterday for a today appointment to get the recall done.
After I got the letter from Ram, I called my local-est dealer (same one I use for oil changes, etc.) and got on the waiting list. I think I waited maybe 2-3 months after.

Ramsey#1

Aug 12, 2021
Truck Year
Hi all. Recently purchased used 2018 Dodge 1500 eco diesel Big Horn. Then find out there’s a Z46 recall. months to get same part. Drive or not drive. That is the question.
GOOD NEWS FOR EVERYONE WAITING FOR A NEW HPFP. I called my dealer in Carlsbad Ca on Monday to check on the status of the replacement pump and the replay was WHEN CAN YOU BRING IT IN. So yesterday I was able to get my pump replaced. I was told the new pumps are now available 👍