• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

hp fuel pump recall

chuck1e

Jul 9, 2020
Truck Year
I had the hp pump replaced last week as per recall. although the replacement pump seems to be on the more quiet side i do get a sound at first change of engine rpm. does anyone have a similar issue? i think that the sound is from the spin up of the pump the sound is not constant, but just on the 1st change of rpm thanks

Stephen Kowalewski

Aug 7, 2016
Truck Year
Took my truck in dealer had it for two days and then called and said the part is on a back order and no estimated time when the part will be availalbe.

chuck1e

Jul 9, 2020
Truck Year
I’d get in touch with mopar. 2 days and they didn’t call. The notice from ram indicated that the job would take 2 to 6 hrs depending on the find in the filter . I went to a ram truck service center and they had them in stock

JBLACK

May 1, 2024
Truck Year
I had my recall performed, and my truck died on interstate. Old fuel pump put debris in engine. I’m about fed up with this.

Cali

Aug 27, 2023
Truck Year
My pump replacement only took 2 months. Works great. Very happy.

pcravens

Jul 6, 2023
Truck Year
i dropped mine off this morning said they had my pump in. hope everything goes great.

autoX

Nov 6, 2022
Truck Year
My truck is fully deleted, no egr/dpf/scr and a tune of course. 2015.
Would the dealer have to update the ECU for the pump? Hoping not!

autoX

Nov 6, 2022
Truck Year
I just got the new pump put in today. Took about 1/2 day at the shop, free wash.
Holy does it sound sooo smoooth. Purrs like a new Cummins. Impressive re-work there.

No flash required and put a big sticky on the dash to that effect.

halecotired

Nov 14, 2023
Truck Year
The dealership sent me a recall notice and I got on the list and it was scheduled with an air tube (commonly know as an intake manifold) replacement due to the usual stuck swirl valve codes, and a BMC replacement w/associated wire harness due to water damage caused by clogged sunroof pillar drains, the idea is to fix my lack of instrument cluster functioning. My the decision to keep this damn thing (2014 Grand Cherokee ECO Diesel 3.0, with 96000 miles on it) ,decided to get all of this work done. My car has been in the shop almost 2 full weeks, they got everything working except for the display still not functioning a week ago, and they still can't give me an ETA on when it will be fixed or what their troubleshooting plan is. Noticed I started this about the safety recall notice. Well, they must have put it in another vehicle and they only get allocated 1 a month. So this is not going to get done apparently, although if they keep the car long enough, one might come in, and I'm sure that will take at least a full day. This is the type of crap I've had to deal with from the initial being accused of probably using bad DEF, to being it's actually a bad cat problem and replaced it with one with a new part number. I really, really wished after getting the settlement, I had sold this thing.
By the way they diagnosed the Instrument Cluster with a diagnostic and I not could afford to have it replaced then. I finally went back in and had it replaced. Of course they wanted to charge me $200 more dollars to run the diagnostic again, and I refused. Well that backfired on me when it stopped working, and they use my refusal to run the diagnostic again as a way of just blow me off. Never, never ever did they say anything about possible water damage as the initial cause of the instrument cluster issue, until I decided to get all of these issues fixed. That's when you find out that they claim to have nothing to do with sunroofs and you are on your own. So, before having all of this work done, I went back to Safelite thinking it was caused by a bad windshield install just 6 months or so earlier. The tech showed me right off the bat that it was not their install and it was caused by blocked sunroom drains which he easily demonstrated to me. He then recommended another Safelite place that works on these issues in the area. They got one drain unclogged but they couldn't fix the passenger side and said I'd probably had to have the dash removed. Just as a joke I went to the dealer and they instantly said we don't do that work here, not surprised, and recommended a body shop down the street. Being that they recommended that place I was kind of leery. Well, those people easily pulled the pillar molding out, found and actual cut in the drain right at the base of the pillar where it's spot welded to the body. They put a splice in it and only charged me $96 bucks (yea, there are a few non crooks left in the business).
Sorry, about this long, long post.
If this thing gets out of the shop, the only thing I will let them do again is replace the damn fuel pump. FAC or whoever they call themselves are horrible at service. Especially, anything electrical.
I will never buy another FAC vehicle or who ever they call themselves now.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
I just got the new pump put in today. Took about 1/2 day at the shop, free wash.
Holy does it sound sooo smoooth. Purrs like a new Cummins. Impressive re-work there.

No flash required and put a big sticky on the dash to that effect.
Is it a cp4 still or did they retrofit the cp3?