• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

I gave up on this Truck

Fredster4

Jul 9, 2023
Truck Year
I was a very happy owner of a 2016 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel. I bought it new. It was beautiful with the leather seats, the alpine sound system and Cool Vanilla paint which was only available at the Laramie trim level. I still think it was one of the most beautiful trucks ever made. It had 125K miles on it and I just couldn't take the constant check engine light and associated emissions systems problems.

I know there is a lot of discussion about deleting the emissions systems on these trucks in this forum but I just couldn't, in good conscience, bring myself to consider that.

So what did I do? I traded it in for a 2024 Toyota Tundra 1794 edition. Studies show that if you buy a Toyota Tundra today, there is a 49% chance it will make it to 250K miles. Even though I am not enamored of the way they look, I figure, that's the truck for me. I hunted down the best deal I could find and negotiated $10K off MSRP of $73K for the new truck, and $15,125 trade in value for the Ram. I am offering this as information to others on this forum as a viable alternative to continuously dealing with the Ram's unreliability and choosing not to contribute more to a dirty planet by deleting your emissions system.

Ram.jpg
Tundra1794.jpg