• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Recommendations for glow plug removal kit

Alaskan

May 22, 2024
Truck Year
Sorry for the confusion. I used the puller kit first to remove the 3 of them that I broke that were spinning just like yours. Two of them came out like a breeze w/ no damage to the existing threads. The last one was further back and under the cab which reduced my available workspace (see picture) and I didn’t realize my drilling angle was off until I had already drilled into the head which damaged the existing threads. Only then did I have to buy the thread repair kit to drill/tap/insert new threads.
I hope that clears it.
Good job getting them pulled. I'll buy the puller kit and go from there. Facebook marketplace probably doesn't charge a fee like eBay so I'll get it there as long as it can ship to Idaho. Thanks for reaching out.

die08trying

Jan 12, 2022
Truck Year
Sounds great and I'm looking forward to hearing that you also got your broken glow plugs out! I can get the kit shipped as soon as today.