• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

"Service Parking Sensors"

SeanPwnery

Nov 30, 2022
Truck Year
I recently changed out my bumpers (my rear one had a hole of rust in the corner after only 7 years in Texas!) and decided to tackle the job of transferring over my parking assist sensors today. After reaming out the holes in the new bumper with a step bit, I ended up having to lengthen the wiring on the two outboard sensors since they would be further down the bumper (in this case, on the corners). Wiring was easy - I made sure to lengthen one wire at a time with the same corresponding colors on both ends. Factory wiring appeared to be 22g so I used 22g to lengthen them 20 inches on each side. It all went together pretty easily, then I started up the rig, and turned the rear sensors on. At first it looked like it was going to work, but then the button LED flashed a few times and I received a "Service parking sensors" error on the dash. I haven't done the front ones yet.

Just curious if any of you lengthened your wiring too and if you ran into any gremlins like I had.

Attachments

• RearSensor.jpg
    RearSensor.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 6