• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New profile posts

The engine seized on my 2018 Ram Ecodiesel with 49K miles last Saturday on a trip to Tallahassee Fl. I live in Jacksonville. had to have truck towed to The Tallahassee dealership. Service advisor tells me the engine is "super priority ordered although 1100 of these engines are on back order". Says I am looking at months before I get my truck.
Hi I have a 2016 ram eco diesel and fan is constantly running when the truck is running no lights on in the dash any idea what it would be
Fiat Chrysler does not stand by there product manahawkin dodge does not stand by there work fiat Chrysler owes me for 13 months of ownership and only 7 on the road 47000 miles new motor oh wonderful! Then 50001 miles multiple issues story no warranty have a nice life with making payments on your new motor with missing hardware and mis aligned front fenders front bumper missing ignition fuse cover bolts in grill shutt
Newbie from Canada, 2014 Longhorn with 212,000km. All original.

2 days after purchase used from a dealership, the CEL came on and the command start stopped working and the truck idled very very poor and would take along time to get to 30km/hr speed?

Anyone experience the same thing? Anyone know what it could be?

Thank you!
Second owner of 2014 Limited, bought with 19k miles, now with 80k the EGR cooler is leaking (uses a gallon every 15000 miles). No oil in AF, no AF in oil!. Temps always good unless AF gets low. I could use my rig exclusively off road so I want to remove the EGR Cooler and DEF and add a tuner that will give me more power and better milage. I am looking ar TS performance. Anyone do a recent delete?
Thanks.
J
jarhead
will watch this thread thinking about it also.
G
Grose
I was going to do a delete (Sherwood Park Alberta) but the cost is prohibitive - estimate of 3500$ from local shop
EWP3
EWP3
Took the truck in to the dealer and they replaced the EGR cooler (and performed several recall items) for no cost.
Bad thing is a glow plug needed replacing and they broke it. Trying to decide if I want to pay to fix it or just leave it (if I can clear the alarm).
Any thoughts on this glow plug issue?

...about the delete, I bought an HP-Tuner but have not used it yet.
I just posted the repairs that the dealership has performed. I clarified the first repair (fuel rail sensor and connector" and prior to replacement the DTCS code was P0191-00 fuel rail pressure sensor "A"). Then the CPM was replaced. Now the dealership has sent a engineering request to Ram, but no response yet. I feel like I'm up against a brick wall and no where to turn.
149,850 miles and had my first issue with the EGR. Dealer replace and back on the road and looking for 200,000 miles on my 2016 ED 2WD with 3:55. I average 27 mpg and still love my truck. GreenDiesel definitely makes it run like it should, I'd forgotten how slow it is off the line without. I haven't needed to have the truck worked on since I installed the GreenDiesel tune since 2017.
Recalls updated after having purchased it with egr recall on it and it had tested no issues now 4000 miles back on the new engine lost comm with active module a air shutters and that same dealer wants 2000$ to put a new module in it after they would have already had all the grill etc out of it to put in the engine the dealer sold me bag of crap compass insurance policy which says says active shutter is not a covered
Yeah I purchased a 2016 wit 42k on it thought that I had something good ran it out from no into Kentucky Indiana on a road trip 2365 mile trip at 29.9 mpg straight shot back on i70 than I took it back to dealer at 47 k and they serviced it and not long after the engine seized up so dealer has me tow it in to there KIA dealership and they send it to dodge dealer on warranty and I’m told I have a new motor with all the
Howdy: Q about 2016 Eco Diesel Dodge 1500. Got the 100% msg filter Warning & need a regen. Which External Monitor/Tuner to buy. Internet showed Edge CTS2, but wonder if suitable for the 2016? Which monitor/tuner should I buy? Truck is out of 5 year warranty, but only 86000 miles. Thanks
BoostN
BoostN
AlphaOBD is a popular choice around here :)
Just spent over $300 on my first oil change on my 2021 Ram eco diesel at the dealership. What are others doing for oil changes?
D
DRC
OK, I buy the 2.5 gallon jugs, so $22.00 a gallon is about right then.
R
Rampjb
I bought the new 68507598AA Mopar ecodiesel oil filter for my 2021 RAM Ecodiesel. $37 on line. After market have exact same 11880. Dieselfilters.com or Walmart both have. $37-$43. Includes new canister with 2 new gaskets placed in correct location. Filter already in place and ready to go.
S
SALrailfan
I do my own oil changes. Change fuel filter every other oil change. Get Mopar parts from Amazon cheap. Rotella t6 oil. 90k miles and runs great. Did not do dealer tune up scam.
Will the EDGE CST 2 force a Regen and does it come with box, instructions, and cord?
J
jpap2418
It will not do a stationary regen but you can activate it as your pulling out of driveway to regenerate during that drive cycle. I don’t have the box but have the cords and instructions.
J
jpap2418
Will get back to you later today. At work but I’ll hold it for you. Thanks
J
jpap2418
Sorry just got home. Email for PayPal is [email protected] send me your address and I’ll try to ship it out tomorrow if not Saturday. Thanks. Jason