• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New profile posts

Hi,
New member from Texas in the country about 40 miles from Texas A&M. Thinking about purchasing used truck. Looking for things that you like and you don't like with the truck and are you happy with your purchase. Thanks for any help or advice you can give in advance.
Mike
BoostN
BoostN
Welcome @Mikemr ! Glad to have you here. Have a read on the forums, we've got tons of info here for you to read for a few days! :D
Thinking about deleting my 2018 ecodiesel. just wondering if they sound like little Honda rice rockets and what everyone's roughly getting for fuel mileage? Thanks in advance!
I am not under warranty. I have 44,227 miles on my 2016 ram. Is this part of the pending settlement that is about to be released?
just got a new 2018 ecodiesel 3.0,,, looking for info on proper oil/filter/upgrades.
1shadowsabre
1shadowsabre
Rotella T6 oil. I just pony up and buy the mopar oil and fuel filters. Also run a K & N in the stock air box.
JMF157
JMF157
For my 2016 I use Pronto P08157ex Oil Filters, PentoSpeed SP 5W-40 Oil and Pronto PF99119 Fuel filtes. They are MUCH cheaper than Mopar filters and meet or exceed the Manufactures specs. I did my first oil change at the dealer and they charged $71.00 for a oil filter compared to the Pronto at $15.00 from my local auto parts store.
Hello all, I'm a new (2014) RAM 1500 Ecodiesel owner, for 1 1/2 years. Had first problem this week. Check Eng Lite, then Service Electronic Throttle Module. Got an astronomical estimate (over $3k) to repair. EGR module and other items. I have an extended warranty and they are sending as adjuster to the RAM dealership to review the estimated work. Anyone have a similar experience? I'm in shock right now.
B
bcampbell05
My engine light came on and say's its my EGR Valve. Is that covered under powertrain warranty does anyone know? Is the valve itself very expensive? I do not know what to do and trying to see what my options are.
Old man
Old man
Egr unfortunately is not covered under powertrain warranty they recommend cleaning every 60,000. Just went through this at my dealership so looks like I have a weekend project.
W
wolfman
Had the same problem with throttle control box. Cost $871.00 to fix. Dealer said not covered under warrenty
What options are worth getting with the gde hot tune? I'm leaning towards engine brake and high idle
E
Eagle eye
The engine brake is nice if you travel on mountain roads, high idle is nice in the winter. I put 60K on a ‘15 and loved it, best money you can spend. The mileage increase will surprise you especially when you have no turbo lag and more torque. I had to learn how to start out all over again as my rear tire were spinning pretty easy. 2 of my friends have it and we all agree it is worth it!
Got new ‘18 Ecodiesel Crew Cab to replace my 1 owner 05 Dodge Quad Cab 5.7 as personal commuter and occasional towing. Glad to be onboard!
First post - 2015 and have 60,000+ miles on it. mostly highway miles. Good fuel economy and so far nothing but routine maintenance.
Hi. I own a 2015 Ram Ecodiesel Outdoorsman painted in Black Forest Mettalic Green Pearl! Has matching canopy.