• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New profile posts

Hi Bob,

I read your post about replacing your air suspension system to springs and shocks wit oem parts.
If you don't mind how much roughly did it cost you for the parts?
Did you do it yourself or did you get the Dealer to do it?

I am considering replacing my whole system as well as I have so many problems with it.

Would really appreciate the info

Thank you
Service electronic throttle came on along with engine light diesel smell in cab of the truck and white smoke rolls from under the hood when I stop after a good drive what could it be?
B
brad hoffmann
happened to me a nuther recall upper half of engine no parts ben with out truck about a month already
My Eco-Diesel is unsafe due to AEM. Had it done last week. The Ram is parked and I drive my other vehicles.

I have contacted an attorney about a possible class action lawsuit.
P
poolman01
there is already a class action law suit
Hey John, I see that you seem to have the most online presence when it comes to forums that have to do with any tuning of the Ecodiesel RAM :)
Meaning you are probably the best guy to talk with if I was looking for a used GDE ECU.

I just purchased a 2015 RAM ED and when cold, it. just. won't. go :(.

Maybe I should just go with SFT and wait until the $720 sale price happens again.
John Jensen
John Jensen
If you mention that I referred you Jimmy may give you the 20% off the price. I can guarantee he will give you 10% off. Give him a call.

I have a usee stock ECU for sale @ 425 incl shipping if you can't find what you are looking for
G
Gravy
John,
Like many in the forum I was waiting to get the settlement check back then was planning to order the GDE tune.... It looks like SFT still has a good product so I'm going to call them today and order their Engine and Transmission Tune if they're still offering. Do you mind if I mention your name for the discount you mentioned to TechGurru?
W
Will_CathVT
The ECO doesn't like someone getting on it when it's cold, I let mine warm up gradually to assist the turbo. I don't go over 2000 RPM for up to 10 minutes, once it's warm the turbo moves things along nicely. Does your ECO get better when warm?
New member. 2018 Ram 1500 Lonestar EcoDiesel. Bought new April 2018, already have 35000 miles and going strong.
just wondering if anyone has had problems with trying to start there trucks and the truck loosing all power dash screen goes blank and you can't do anything have unhooked the battery and it sometime reset right away and sometime it takes a while
A
automgt
Chrysler Dealership tells me not to use Wix oil filter or fuel filter, engine doesn’t like wix filters tends not perform well.
B
bruce pero
had bad ground wire from battery to altinator
G
Greg the Plumber
I ran into this with mine back in November , I disconnected the battery and everything has been fine since!
I have a question on the PPEI tune you used, I and looking at this or a company similar with a OBD handheld but you have to email them to get programming. Is it the same for the PPEI? and will it erase trouble codes adjust for tire size etc?
Also I'm new to the game so will the truck run fine if you switch from full tune back to stock if you take off the DEF , EGR , and pipes , etc.?
C
Codyluker10
I had to send my ecm to the people at ppei, they flashed it and had it back in 2 or 3 days. I am not aware of any way to switch it from stock to performance with this tune.
I have 35k hard miles on the tune so far and have not had a single issue. I definitely recommend sending the ecm to them. Not to mention once you get it back, it’s like a completely different truck. Haha
C
Codyluker10
And yes they account for your tire size as well.
I saw your post from sometime back about folding TOW mirrors, I am wondering did you go through with it and if you did where were you able to get the part and did you or a dealer set the optional equipment code for the mirrors?
HerbW
HerbW
I bought a set of mirrors from a big non-FCA RAM parts seller. Can’t remember their name offhand. I installed them and sold my original on eBay for as much as the new mirrors cost! Then UPS refunded all my shipping fees for some reason. I made money! The new ones looks like identical factory ones. I’m very pleased.
HerbW
HerbW
1A Auto is the company. I cut a hole in the dash for the fold switch just to the right of light switch and it looks factory. I have a picture but can’t figure out hold to post it.
Wow ! thanks guys ! My truck has been in the shop for seven times in the last two months ! running hot ! the dealership has finally ordered A EGR Cooler. Chrysler sent A Engineer down and he didnt know what the problem was .
Sale 20% off store wide, use "SENDITDAD" during checkout. That means you can own the SFT Stage 1 Engine/Transmission tune for $720!
As of April 2019, I'm approaching 15k miles. All is running great with GDE hot tune and trans tune.
Reactions: HWS