• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New profile posts

New to group 2014 Ecodiesel suddenly caught on fire yesterday. Total writeoff. Is this an issue with ecodiesel?
hey scott , saw your post and was curious to where you bought your ECM, can't bring myself to send my stock one in. Thanks James.
JDN, How do I find your info on rear differential fluid change out? I'm about to do mine and suck at navigating this forum to find it again. Thanks in advance. Tim
I know that the intake mani is caked with carbon. Can i run away from factory tuning yet? how much to clean?
Howdy Ya'll. Just coming up on 80,000 miles. Being that its a maintenance free truck lol i should be good right. Em service?
jdn112011
jdn112011
Probably time to clean out intercooler tubes as well!
Reactions: BoostN
BoostN
BoostN
jdn112011
jdn112011
I'm only 53k in, I haven't even touched my egr diffuser tube. Never dug into a thing on the engine. Changed oil, air fuel and oil filters, done. Probably getting to the point I should clean things up but it'll probably be springtime. It's a busy time of year with harvest coming up
Reactions: BoostN
I love my radar system. My lights are hidden - wonder if that nice lady trooper would notice mine? Reminds me of that movie Fargo.
jdn112011,

Do your BA low louvre lights interfere with your radar?

I mounted mine in grill. Will post pic if I can figure out how.
Capt Tim
jdn112011
jdn112011
No, that is why I had put it under the bumper. I no longer have that setup though
jdn112011
jdn112011
And to be honest I don't use the Park sensors, my wife does the once in a Blue moon she drives but I get tired of hearing them.

When I got my HID headlight system done the bar wasn't really needed anymore.

We have a stickler of a state patrol lady up here and she nabs everyone with offroad lights which need to be covered in Minnesota. I just avoid the day we meet.
Suffered an EGR cooler failure at 55k. Miles. Costing me $1300 out of pocket. Where do i go from here?
B
BIGTEX
I think had the same thing happen at about 120K...I kept losing coolant into the exhaust , got that fixed and everything seemed to be fine for awhile, now at 143K getting the dreaded knock from the engine. I too, dont know where to go from here...
Had the same problem. EGR valve was all full of soot, caused the truck to go into limp mode. For some reason they replaced all the injectors as well. Happened with only 14,000 miles on a 2016.
FCA resolution unit has informed us now that this is our problem. How does lease vehicle with two failed engines become my problem. No help
Power Diesel magazine May 2017 issue pg 137 explains 3.0 Ecodiesel engine failures and what is truly causing the rod main bearing failures.
Power Diesel magazine May 2017 issue explains issue with 3.0 Ecodiesel with engine failures. Article wriiten by FCA development engineer.