• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

What fuel additive do you use

Ecodiesel18

Aug 11, 2023
Truck Year
Hotshots appears to be very popular..
Agree hotshots has best concentration when you look at the specific testing and amount of each product and easy to use squeeze bottle it is the best. Everyday for normal weather and their winterizer is great for cold weather.

SeanPwnery

Nov 30, 2022
Truck Year
I've yet to try the stage 2 leap since I still have the EGR connected (but turned off via Stage 1 tune), and the Sheep-wee injector (DEF) is still there as well. From what I understand, you can technically run the Stage 2 tune, however that DEF filter may start coking up since the DEF injector is off and the Regen feature is likely turned off too. Anyone who knows for sure if this is the case, feel free to chime in. Rather than trying the stage 2, I went with a throttle response controller to simply shorten the throw response from the pedal (like a sport more button for most other Mopars and Fiats alike have). That change was - satisfyingly profound. :LOL:

BTdriver

Aug 30, 2018
Truck Year
Stage 2 update: EGTs tend to run cooler (100°ish) at idle and light throttle, the difference reduces under heavier throttle. Fuel consumption is about 1 mpg better - Approx 75% freeway and of that, roughly equal parts traffic and cruising speed. Throttle response is improved some over stage 1 w/ EGR restrictor. Power is up at lower speeds, but at highway speeds I can't tell a significant difference.

SeanPwnery: I have also been concerned that the DEF nozzle may coke up. While I can steam the exterior, I'd have to replace it if it totally clogs. I'm not as concerned about the DPF as the EGT's still get high enough and stay above 750° for decent lengths of time while freeway cruising that it is able to burn off sufficiently (based on the long time between regens with stg 1 and restrictor). That being said, here soon, I will go back to stage 1 just to prevent any issues requiring repairs like SFT warns about.

Note: Back in February I took a road trip with the EGR restrictor removed (stg 1 tune), I noticed that throttle response from a stop and low speeds was slightly less. At freeway speeds, power was quite a bit lower with resultant reduction in throttle response. MPG for the trip was around 24, where previous trips with the EGR restrictor were around 26.